Five Senses Spa and Salon, one of Peoria, Illinois’ leading full-service day spas and salons for men and women, has ranked among the top 200 salons and spas in North America.
Salon Today featured the owner of Five Senses Spa and Salon, Paola Hinton, on the cover of their 18th annual “Salon Today 200” issue, and commended the company for their management practices, philanthropy, and customer service. This is the third consecutive year that Five Senses Spa and Salon has made the list.
The Salon Today 200 commemorates 100 honorees in the category of Growth, and 100 honorees among 10 different best practices categories.
Honorees in the Growth category were ranked based on the percentage of gross sales revenue growth from 2011 to 2012. The remaining 100 honorees were placed into individual Best Practices categories using statistical data and essays.
Salons were allowed to rank in more than one category, but could only be profiled once in the Salon Today 200 issue. Additional wins were listed in the “Additional Honorees” section under each category.
Eligibility & Criteria for the Salon Today 200
To be eligible for the 2014 Salon Today 200, each salon or spa had to meet the following requirements:
- Establishment: The spa or salon must have opened on or before January 1, 2001.
- Volume: The spa/salon must have generated annual product and service sales revenues of $250,000 or more per year since 2011.
- Verification: If competing in the Growth category, the business owner was required to submit tax documents verifying their financials for 2011 and 2012. Applicants competing in the planned Profitability section were required to submit signed verification from a third-party professional, such as an accountant or business coach, that a certain profit percentage was projected and reached.
- Willingness to share: The spa or salon owner was required to complete the application information portion of the entry form, providing statistical data about the business. The applicant was also required to complete at least one Best Practice section – in some cases, this included an essay.
An Escape For The Senses
When she designed Five Senses Spa and Salon more than eight years ago, Paola Hinton hoped to create an atmosphere that prioritized customers’ needs. Since its opening in 2006, the salon has been a sanctuary for locals and visitors alike. Today, Five Senses Spa and Salon is one of the most popular and top rated hair salons in Peoria, Illinois.
Hinton credits the success of Five Senses Spa and Salon to local support, which she says is a lifeline for small businesses. “We are up against people in bigger markets like Los Angeles, New York and Chicago and for Peoria to be able to be recognized this way, it puts us on the map,” Hinton said. “We have quality staff and quality services, and it’s here in Peoria.”
Visit or contact Five Senses Spa and Salon by calling the Peoria location, or stopping by the address mentioned below:
Senses Spa and Salon
7719 N Grand Prairie Dr
Peoria, IL 61615
- Top-Rated Gold Coin & Jewelry Buyer in Birmingham, MI
- Walz Scale Provides Complete Weight Management Solutions